Wednesday, August 19, 2009

Kayla turned 12

It is hard to believe my little girl is twelve years old and going into Young Womens. Where did the time go. I have decided I am officially getting old. I am not the young one I used to be. Kayla had an interesting birthday. Her mom Had a migrain all day and could not do much for her birthday between a new baby and a migrain that put her in bed. Thank goodness for a wonderful husband and father who stepped in and did it all. Kayla wanted to have spaghetti dinner for her birthday dinner with garlic bread and the famous angel food strawberry shortcake for her birthday cake. Normally I have birthday gifts early and I am ready. However, this year I had nothing. How was I supposed to tell my daughter i had nothing for her birthday and maybe we could just post pone her birthday to another day. On top of that her first YW activity was a mother daughter activity. How was I going to do it all and still go with Kayla to young womens. Once again, my husband rescued me and went out and got her gifts and and we ended up celebrating her birthday with her birthdya dinner at 11:00Pm. Hey it was still her birthday for one more hour. Yes we did it!

Kayla said, "The best birthday gift I could have had came early, my Baby Sister"




Ashlynn printed out a picture of her and Kayla and wrote a sweet note on the back for her. Talk about sisterly love. Oops if you look carefully you can see ashlynn used a permanent marker and it bled through the picture. We all laughed when ashlynn said, "oops it looks like we have chicken pox."

"Yes I got my spaghetti dinner for my birthday"

No comments: