Saturday, November 1, 2008

KAYLA'S BLOODWORK ADVENTURE

Kayla had to get her blood taken to test for hypoglycemia. To say the very least she is petrified of needles! Originally, her mom took her to get her blood taken. Kayla kepts jerking her arm from the lab nurse and telling her that she was mean. After she ran out of the lab room telling her mom "you did this to me you don't even care." I decided to call her Dad for Help. Luckily he was only about ten minutes away. We waited in the waiting room till Michael got there to help out. This is Michael trying to talk kayla nicely and tell her everything is going to be okay. After working and coaxing with her and trying to reason with her about being a big girl and letting the lab tech take her blood, it became apparent that other measures were going to have to be taken.
When it became apparent that she was not getting her blood work done without being held down, Michael asked if they could hold her down. They told him that he would have to hold her down. So he wrapped his right arm around her head and grabbed her left arm and held down her legs. He then stretched forth her right arm with his left hand while the nurse punctured her vein with "A Very huge Needle," According to Kayla. While this was going on Kayla was screaming niceties like "YOU PEOPLE ARE EVIL! and I HATE YOU and THIS BURNS SO BAD" etc. Michael said next time we are bringing ear plugs for the whole office! After all this was said and done my sweet Kayla felt very bad and continuously apologized to us.

3 comments:

knjfabela said...

I am so sorry she had to go through that! It just hurts me looking at the pictures. She was very brave!!!

Rachel said...

KAYLA!! If there weren't pictures, I never would have believed this of you! At least you apoligized before you left. Oh well, there's always next time. I love you!

Stephensen Celebrations said...

Remember when I used to hate needles? I would run around the office and make the nurses catch me because I hated needles so much. I still hate needles, and my blood pressure does rise when I know I am going to get a shot, but I stopped making the nurses chase me. It really doesn't hurt that bad, it is mostly in my head.